Monday, September 3, 2012

{Monday Morning Therapy with Dongsaeng} Labor Day

Good Monday morning addicKts!  Dongsaeng here.  You can't tell this, but I'm actually writing from a secret location.  Oooh!  Okay, not so secret.  I'm at my parent's house for the holiday.  Today, for those not living in the US and those that are that maybe have forgotten, is Labor Day.  Not really sure what Labor Day is except a day where we don't have to work and get to BBQ and such.  I could look it up if I really wanted to, but we're not really here for that today, are we?  Not that there is anything wrong with being good Americans who know the reason behind every day off and the history involved.  I suppose I could ask Ms Luckypants McGee (my real life sister) who is a history major and about 10 feet from me at the moment, but that'd just be silly.  We're not here for a history lesson.  We're here for a little Ksomething or other to help us through this Monday morning.

So, what Ksomething are we going to go with then for this Labor Day?  Hmmm....

I was pondering aloud last night about what I should write about today.  Would you believe it if I told you that The Husband actually brought up a topic that I think might be an interesting one to talk about?  You might believe it if you were under the impression that he cared about this K world even a smidge, which he totally doesn't.  He hates it.  He's supportive enough of me, but yeah, he couldn't care less.  Which is why I found it funny that his idea was intriguing.  I'm sure he meant it to be funny, but it's actually something that might resonate with you as it did with me.  So what is this mysterious topic?

Boys.  That look like girls.

In your adventures in the K or Asian world of entertainment, have you ever yourself encountered someone who thought that your favorite male actor or singer was a girl and you just looked at them like they were crazy?  "I mean, look at him.  He's obviously a guy", you might say or think to yourself.  Or maybe it goes the other way.  Maybe you're watching one of the many gender bender dramas where a girl plays a boy and you look at it and think "how can anyone be buying that she's a dude - I mean, look at her.  She's so obviously a girl."  Is gender really that easy to confuse or disguise?  Have you yourself ever had a moment where you were unsure?  It's okay to admit it.  This is a safe place where we won't judge.  I too have had my Ren from Nu'est moments. 
In case you aren't sure, this is Ren and Ren is a boy.

For the most part, however, I would argue that even when they are trying to make us think otherwise, gender is still pretty easy to determine, even amongst the field of beautiful flower boys.

The Husband's favorite line when he sees pictures of my K boys is, "Who's that chick?"  There was one time when The Husband saw a picture and thought that 4 out of the 5 members of Big Bang looked like girls.  o_O  Big Bang?  Really?  And he was being serious, not even trying to be the butt he totally sounded like.  (Psst...I love you dearest! Even when you're being a butt and telling me that 4 out of 5 of my most favorite gorgeous manly guys look like girls).  That of course ended up biting him in that butt of his when I immediately launched my Big Bang Pinterest board to show him evidence that indeed they are men and can look very manly.  Bwahahahaha!  He hates when I do that ;)  I did get him to recount almost all of them.  There were maybe one or two that were still a lost cause with him though.  Oh well.  I tried.
I must admit, GD does make a pretty girl.  But he can also still look like a man.

Source: via Wow on Pinterest


See... man.  Told ya he could do it.


So, what do you say addicKts?  Am I alone here?  Am I the only one that doesn't get the gender confusion?  Am I the only one that is faced with non-addicKts incorrectly assigning gender?  Just curious.  I don't really have much else to say on the topic, just thought I'd bring it up and see if my experience maybe mirrored anyone else's.  And thought it would be cool to tell Mr Snarky Husband of mine that his joke suggestion actually made it on here.  Haha.  Take that Mr Wise Guy!

I bet you can now guess what my Monday Morning prescription will be, can't you?  I have to do it.  G-Dragon, you lucky manly man you - you get to be my prescription for 2 weeks in a row.  :D
  
Was anyone else surprised by this song and video?  I guess after One of a Kind and with the controversy/talk about the title and request made by GD to have this rated as 19 and older I didn't see a ballad coming.  I had to laugh at what I perceived as GD's genius...make us think some hardcore gangsta rap or something was coming out, when in actuality it was a soft ballad (with some bleeped out words).  Maybe I'm the only person on the planet that made those assumptions, but there you have it, assumptions I did indeed make.  And then had to smile when I realized that my assumptions were indeed incorrect.

Here's a bonus prescription just because it's Labor Day and I'm feeling celebratory.  I don't normally watch Jay Leno, but just so happened to catch this part the other night and was excitedly surprised.  Gangnam Style being used on American TV as a pop culturally referenced gag and without explanation being needed.  Awesome!
Source: youtube.com via Shannen on Pinterest


And with that, my favorite addicKts, I must go spend time with my family on this holiday. They are breathing down my neck wondering when I will be finished so that we can commence with our celebrations and BBQing. And chopping a massive honeydew melon with a sword. o_O  My family is weird.  And scary when left to their own devices.  Whether you are laboring or kicking back today, may it be wonderful and may your week be filled with great drama.




Saranghae AddicKts!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.