Monday, July 2, 2012

{Monday Morning Therapy with Dongsaeng} Shooting the Breeze

Oh dears.  It's 10 am Monday and I still have no idea what to write about for this morning's edition of MMT.  I was planning on cheating and throwing my 5 episode review of Love Rain on here, but I'm still not done.  I was away all weekend playing with family.  It's amazing what a new vehicle will do.  The Husband was begging to make the 1.5 hour drive out to my parents' house.  And then of course we had to swing by his parents' house.  Oh, and my brother's work.  Yup.  Got to spend lots of time on the road this weekend.  That left little time for anything else.  "But Dongsaeng, shouldn't you have finished it by Friday since that's your review day?  Having a busy weekend isn't really a valid excuse you know".  O_O Umm...uhh... So, how was your weekend?  I hope it was fabulous.  {didja like my subtle deflection there?}

There is something I've been wanting to share for a long time.  I keep trying to find just the clip of it, but it is no where to be found and I lack the proper equipment to create one myself.  So I'm resigned to mentioning it and then providing you with a link so that you can seek it out yourself.  Consider yourselves horses led to the water - whether or not you drink will be up to you.  But I hope you do because you're looking like a thirsty bunch of horses this morning.

Back in early May, my sister told me that I had to watch a certain episode of the show, The Office.  Hopefully you're all familiar with this show, but if not, well, you're about to be.  At least 30 seconds of it.  They are talking about Korean dramas.  I appreciated the shout out, even if it was done in a mocking way.  That's okay.  Mock away.  Those that mock do so because they have not yet discovered the magic for themselves.  No problem.  We can just pity them.  Ready?  Start pitying...now.  Keeping pitying.  Keep it up.  You can do it.  Just a little longer....  Okay.  That's enough for this pity session.  Good work fellow AddiKts!  Let's get back to enjoying it for ourselves now and hope that they come along later, you know, when they're ready to embrace the awesomeness.  If you want to see this clip, click on this link The Office on Hulu and fast forward to 12:37.  It lasts about 30 seconds, til 13:08.

Other than that, I don't have a lot of exciting new or different things to share.  I spent way too much of my time this weekend searching for the video for the new Super Junior only to realize that it probably isn't out.  I guess just the song is?  Any ELFs (or is it ELVes?  Elven?) out there care to help out this lost and confused ahjumma?  Why no video?  I can find the song and then the video teasers, but that's it.  :/  Boo.  I do appreciate that they are sexy, free and single and ready to bingo.  Props to them to being men enough to admit they enjoy a rousing game of bingo.  I bet they're popular with the ahjussis and ahjummas at the bingo parlor.  Bingo parlor?  I don't know.  What do you call the place where you play bingo?  I'm not hip to that jive.

And that's about it.  I am having a tough time figuring out what I should prescribe to you to help you through this Monday.  Watch any good dramas this weekend?  I loved A Gentleman's Dignity and look forward to Unnie's review later this week.  Haven't started on Dr Jin yet, but I did get through episodes 6 and 7 of Bridal Mask.  Holy swiss cheese on crackers!  That was some intense stuff right there.  I even made a little artwork to express my feelings after watching 6.  {SPOILER!}  I could not get over the fact that they killed off the title character in 6!  Wow!  {END SPOILER}  This show is amazing in its crazy intensity!  How can you not ache for poor Lee Kang To?  That guy has some serious stuff to deal with now.  I really wish I was reviewing this one officially because I'm dying to talk about it, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it.  
My super fancy schmancy artwork.  ;)  That's pretty much what my face looked like too, only minus the male Asian features and add in the redheaded female features.  I was probably wearing glasses though, so keep that.  Got the visual now?  Would it help if you knew what I looked like?  You should spend more time on our FB page if you want to know what I look like.  Sometimes I'm too lazy to sign out as myself and sign in as TCA when I post stuff and I usually have a picture of myself up as my profile pic.  Except for right now.  I changed it this morning in honor of Independence Day this week.  In a few days though I'll stop being a flag and go back to being myself and then you can see what I look like and that will help you with forming the mental image that was my face while I watched the last half of episode 6 of Bridal Mask.

So, since I don't have any real ideas on what to share, I guess I'll throw some more Wong Fu at you.  Did anyone like the KPop Makeover or Kung Fooled last time?  If so, here's some more.  The first, Yellow Fever, is about Asian/White relationships and how Asian guys can't seem to attract white girls.  Really?  Hmm, I think that we're doing our best to prove that theory wrong here.  Either way, it's funny, you should watch it.  And laugh.

  

And then laugh some more with Wong Fu and Jay Park as they define a Bromance for us.  Because laughter is really the best medicine to fighting off those Monday blues.


Like that?  You might also like this then.  I'll let them explain it.  As soon as I finish this post I'm off to watch the finale for myself as it came out on the 28th and I haven't seen it yet.


Okay, well, that I guess will do it for today.  I hope that you have a wonderful week and I'll see you when I return with Love Rain or Dr Jin, whichever comes first.  Oh, actually I'll see you before then, when we officially kick off our 100th day GIVEAWAY on Wednesday!  Are you getting pumped?  Can you hardly contain your excitement?  Does it sort of feel like you are waiting anxiously for the Big Bang concert tickets to go on sale?  {{{When oh when oh when will the tickets go on sale?!?!  Dying here!  The anxiety is killing me!}}}  Don't worry, the end is in sight.  We'll let you know how you can enter and win a fabulous prize on Wednesday.  {See, YG? It's that simple.  Announce it and then make it happen.  Don't drag out the agony and make the poor fans wait too long.  There's not enough Xanax in the world to cover all the VIPs who are anxious to snatch up their tickets for this ever-so-rare opportunity to see and experience the magic for themselves.}  So until then, may your week be drama-filled and spectacular!


1 comment:

  1. Eeeeehhhhh...... I agree with you on episode 6 of bridal mask. It was absolutely amazing and shocking. Such a great show and I love how emotionally draining that episode was. Amber H

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.