Monday, January 14, 2013

Dangling the Carrot {Monday Morning Therapy with Dongsaeng}


I know I've teased you with this before, but today?  Today I mean it.  Honest.  Cross my heart.  Pinky out and ready to seal the deal.  Today's post will be blissfully short.  You know by now maybe that I tend to ramble.  And babble.  And go on and on and on and on and on....  But today I have some catch up to do.  See, I didn't finish my reviews last week (GASP!) so I'd like to spend my blogging time today righting that wrong.  The injustice of it all and all.  Too bad too because, wow!  Did I ever have something spectacular to talk about today.  Oh well.  Guess it will just have to wait.  (*snicker snicker* Do you think anyone bought that?).

I do have a little to share though for our weekly dose of Monday Magic Cure-All meds.  I had hoped to put this up last week but it didn't come out until late that night.  So yes, it's been out a week and maybe, just maybe you've already heard it, but just in case....  Did you know that Jaejoong of JYJ released a track from his upcoming solo album last week?  The song is called One Kiss and it's from the Mine album, which is set to be released on the 17th of this month.  This song is amazing.  Granted, I am incredibly biased, but still, amazing.  It's a departure from JYJ's normal more, oh I don't know, R&B style?  This one is rock.  Oh yeah.  Jae goes rock.  And I love it.  Ever so much.  The first night the song came out I listened to it on repeat all night long, my phone under my pillow.  Anytime I stirred that night, Jae's voice would lull me back to a happy and peaceful slumber.  It was beautiful.

Also last week, a teaser was released for the upcoming video associated with the album.  Forgive me for a moment here while I shock you all and say something that might be construed as negative.  Now, before you get all up in arms, I will say that the teaser did get me excited, and there were a lot of really cool things about it in those 42 seconds, but....  Is it just me or did it REEK of Twilight?    You know, as in sparkly vampires? Specifically the soundtrack for the Twilight movie?  Not that it's the same soundtrack, just the sound was a tad reminiscent of the movie.  For me.  But what do I know?  I'm just a suburban mom sitting at her desk dungeon with obviously too much time on her hands.  How about I just say this?  I am so over the whole vampire thing.  The teaser was AWESOME in a lot of ways, and I'm still so excited for the 17th (3 days BAY-BEE!), but I was a little "meh" about the vampire thing.  I have high hopes still that the video and song and entire album will totally ROCK SOCKS!!!  I am keeping the faith and trusting in my Jae, my HERO, to pull it off, even if, *shudder*, it's a vampire theme.

And there.  Done.  No really.  I am going to leave it there and get to work on playing catch up today.  You're free!  Enjoy the Jae candy and have a fantastic Monday.  May you be healthy (seriously, EVERYONE is sick right now - what the heebie jeebies?) and happy and able to chase away any of those pesky Monday blahs.  It's going to be a great week - I can smell it.

Tah tah and we'll see you next time!
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.