Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blade Man Episode 3 - Who's the Boss?

It looks like I will be recapping Blade Man.  It is not that I don't enjoy Rain's new drama, but when it comes down to it, I think my writing style is more entertaining when the drama recapped is just a bit odd weird unpredictable.  Luckily, "Blade Man" fits all my criteria and also has the future possibility of going really downhill fast.  YAY?  If nothing else I will be able to let the inner sarcastic kmuse out now and then.
For those of you just discovering our awesome blog, I am Kmuse, one of the two main bloggers in The Crazy Ahjummas.  I am a mother of three and an avid kdrama watcher, in that I love to watch literally everything.  There are very few currently airing dramas that I am not watching so if you have any questions about them (or really any drama since I have seen an insane amount) feel free to ask me in the comments.  Or better yet come like our facebook page and ask me there. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-crazy-ahjummas/336988683021748?fref=ts For those of you who have not read my past recaps, I am one of those bloggers that really likes to just discuss my opinions on certain scenes or concepts of the drama.  I don't go step by step through the whole thing.  So if you are looking for a more complete recap you might have to look elsewhere (and then come back and read mine of course).  But enough about me, lets get to what you are really waiting for and discuss "Blade Man".
Episode 3 starts right where we left off with Chang (also known as the cutest pouting boy ever) covering his ears and singing a nursery rhyme to himself.  Hong Bin pauses, overwhelmed with emotion, as he looks at his son for the first time.  Unfortunately for everyone, Hong Bin, being the emotionally stunted man child that he is, is incapable of translating his emotions to the poor little boy and instead ends up yelling at him to stop crying.  I foresee some serious Dr Philling from Se Dong, before this relationship is healthy.
Speaking of Se Dong, how cute is her little gaggle of khotties that she takes care of.  I can't decide if she reminds me more of mother hen or Snow White taking care of the dwarves, either way there is a huge amount of cuteness going around.  Makes this ahjumma suddenly have the urge to adopt a boy band of my very own.  Hmmm somehow I don't see my husband being onboard (but my daughters sure would be....kekeke).   Se Dong, like the good noona she is, finds herself and the nerd crew a new job and things finally start to look like they are going her way.
Things are not going well at the Joo household.  Two very stubborn little boys (Hong Bin is not really little, but the maturity level was about the same) clash as Hong Bin suddenly experiences the joys of parenthood.  Hong Bin tries to share his favorite video games, but Chang cries.  He tries to share his food with him (kudos to him for actually trying and not just ditching the kid to the staff) but again Chang alternately cries and throws up.  What is a poor dad supposed to do, but call the girl that he knows has a rapport with his son. 
I don't know what magic the PD pulled for this drama, but I am absolutely loving Shin Se Kyung (Se Dong) in this drama.  She is funny, full of heart, resourceful, and really stubborn all in one awesome heroine ball. Called in the middle of the night for a Chang emergency run, she is able to calm the poor boy down.  Her version of magic is obviously just what this family needs (I got a little misty eyed watching her interact with the little boy.  I am appreciating that behind the crazy story there is a lot of heart). 
Hong Bin, realizing a life line when he sees it, attempts to hire Se Dong as Chang's permanent nanny.  He is enraged to find out that Se Dong already has a job.  Words are spoken, feelings are hurt, and Se Dong ends up storming out of his house.  Would have been a perfect exit, if she hadn't forgotten her purse and phone inside the Mansion.  But when Se Dong tries to enter the house, alarms go off and Hong Bin (in a moment of pettiness) allows the cops to be called.  Afterwords Hong Bin threatens to have her arrested as a thief if she does not become his nanny. Bwahaha  If Hong Bin is this bad over just a caregiver, imagine how insufferable he will be when he is in love.  
Se Dong calls his bluff and actually phones the police herself, declaring that Hong Bin needs to be arrested for defaming her name.  BWHAHAHA.  Poor Hong Bin is forced to back down and even apologize for his actions, much to the disbelief of his staff.  I love how his housekeeper even faints from shock.  It is so nice to see a leading lady not be in awe over the TKJ's (Typical Korean Jerks) wealth and privilege.
Se Dong's humiliation of Hong Bin was not going to go unchecked.  Spending the night pacing around his mansion trying to figure out a suitable punishment, he finally falls asleep giggling like a loon.  Khottie is starting to look crazy, usually not a good thing for those around him.
When Se Dong and the geek squad arrived for work the next day, they find the company closed and abandoned.  It seems that it went mysteriously bankrupt after hiring them.  Hahaha, Hong Bin impatiently awaits Se Dong's call and the acceptance of his job offer.  And being in dire straights with a gaggle of khotties to take care of, Se Dong finally gives in.  However judging from the amount of effort Hong Bin is putting forward, and his gobsmacked expression after Se Dong accepts his job proposal, it is obvious who the boss of the house is going to be.
My Thoughts:
If you take away all the crazy special abilities and spiked back, this show really is all about forming connections.  Whether it is between our OTP (One True Pair), a father and son, or a gaggle of khotties and their honorary mom.  I love the heart in the drama that is buried beneath the show's glitzy gimmicks.  It is this that keeps me watching, while the occasional King Kong superhero moments continue to make me anxious.  Not that I don't enjoy them, but these scenes continue to put the drama on the edge of a crap filled abyss.  Let's hope it can continue to go forward, entertaining and quirky and not fall in.

 

1 comment:

  1. I watched all 4 episodes last night (well early this morning) because I couldn't sleep. I was a bit surprised to find that I liked it. I kept laughing out loud. I will keep watching and hope that this drama doesn't fall off a cliff.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.