Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Descendants of the Sun Begin Filming With Song Joong Ki

I know that we still have a few more months before upcoming juggernaut drama "Descendants of the Sun" airs.  But that does not stop us Ahjummas from nitpicking over every little bit of info to come forth from social media.


Unless you have been living under a rock, everyone knows that LITERALLY the day after Song Joong Ki was released from his military service he began prepping for this drama.  I really really want to be excited for this drama.... I really do (love SJK so much).  But there is one huge problem keeping me from fangirling from the rooftops.  Namely, the synopsis. 

Synopsis (My Drama List)-
A drama about the love of people who get closer as they learn to be considerate of each other in desperate times and sacrifices made by people who throw themselves into natural disasters.
So I decided that maybe this was just a bad synopsis (it happens).  So in true kaddict fashion I went in search of another synopsis that might be a bit more informative and found this...

Synopsis (assianwiki)
A love story between Captain Yoo Shi-Jin, who belongs to the UN peacekeeping troops, and Doctor Kang Mo-Yeon. Due to the UN’s request, they are stationed in the capital of another the country.

Which for me is actually worse.  Know what never works well in a kdrama?  Foreign filming.  Also considering that this is the same writer that brought us the "Heirs" American segments, has me cringing.
But who am I kidding, it is Song Joong Ki, and not even bad foreign dialogue can keep me from checking it out.  So in the meantime I will pray for good writing and stare at the fan photos that are showing up on social media sites (instagram, twitter, etc). 

Filming photos -- Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo (peacekeeping with guns?  maybe this will be more interesting than the synopsis indicates.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.