Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Will I or Won't I Watch "I Have A Lover"? Maybe This Trailer Will Help Me Make My Decision.

I got burned a bit last year on the longer weekend dramas, so it has been a while since I have dared to try one.  But "I Have A Lover" might be the drama to take me out of weekend kdrama retirement.

Positive Points:
 

KMUSE- It is written by the people who did "Scandal: A Shocking and Wrongful Incident" which is actually one of my favorite long revenge dramas (if you have not checked it out, then give it a try).  And I liked it despite Jo Yoon Hee being one of the leads (and you all know I can't stand her).  So just from the choice of the writers I am almost willing to give it a try.
KMUSE- The trailer shows a lot of makjang suspense.  And sadly I am an ahjumma who is a sucker for makjang.  What can I say, it just grew on me.
KMUSE- Lots of kisses and almost evil and or angry kisses are always a good start to a drama.  So YAY for kisses!

DONGSAENG: Yay for kisses indeed! I have to admit that they got my attention there.

Negative Points:

KMUSE- The Synopsis

A woman, who lost memory, meets her husband whom she hated. She falls in love with him again. Separated twin sisters meet for the first time in 30 years.

I don't know about you, but this does not sound overly interesting.
KMUSE- Twins.  UGH, twins are always a really really tricky situation.  They can go wrong so very fast that I tend to not enjoy that kdrama trope.  However, I hear that part of the story is main girl getting in an accident and then thinking she is her twin sister?  That might be entertaining.

DONGSAENG: UGH. Twins. And memory loss. Double UGH. Forget the kisses. Attention lost.
KMUSE - Sadly, just from the trailer I find the evil twin so much more interesting than the nice one.  Why can't we have a kdrama where the bad girl gets the guy for once.  After being changed for the better through love of course.  We can't go too crazy.
Interesting Evil
Vapid Boring
KMUSE- My last problem with the drama is that it has not been that long since I was watching Ji Jin Hee having chair orgasms while drinking blood in a wine glass in the vampire drama "Blood".  That is not a good memory and one I wish to have scrubbed from my mind.  Sadly, I am not there yet.  So can I watch him in a totally unrelated drama and not worry anytime he goes to sit down and have a glass of wine?  I am just not sure.

DONGSAENG: Wait, what? Chair orgasms? So...I haven't seen Blood and up until now had zero interest in doing so, but, well... you paint an interesting picture there Kmuse and I may have to go see for myself just what all the fuss is about. And it has nothing to do with the fact that he looks similar to my real life crush. ;)

When all is said and done, I have to admit that the trailer is very gripping so I am going to try it out.  Hopefully I will be able to get past the twin and leading man chair issues that I have and hope the writer will whisk me away with an incredible plot.  What do you think?  Will you be watching?

DONGSAENG: Me? I probably won't be watching. It's not the type of drama I usually get into. That being said, if, and this is a big if, it ends up being a smash hit, I may give it a shot, because, as Kmuse said, the trailer actually really was gripping and I can see where it could end up being a good drama. And I really liked the music. And I think the guy is cute. And kisses. I'm a sucker for kisses. 

"I Have A Lover" Trailer
"I Have a Lover" will begin on August 22nd.

5 comments:

  1. Oh now, this looks good. I don't generally do the weekend dramas - usually only when Kakashi's love is in them and I'm going along for the squeecap ride. But this...hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what a trailer can do to change one's mind.

      Delete
  2. Ignoring the female case, I'm going to eventually watch it for my JJH! Only reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ji Jin Hee - excellent reason to watch Blood LOL I rather liked the chair orgasms... LOL Trailer DOES look good & w/Mask & Beautiful Bride over I need something like this !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondering if you decided to watch the drama? I almost quit after the 1st episode.... not because it wasn't good.. I don't want to spoil anything. Glad I stayed the course..although I must admit I've been watching the raw versions only to re-watch after it's been subbed.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.