Monday, June 3, 2013

JYJ, AJ Birthdays and More! {Monday Morning Therapy with Dongsaeng}

Yes, you read that right.  It is Monday morning and I am back to say hi and greet you all!  If you missed me the past few weeks, then my apologies.  I missed you too and am excited to be back.

There's so much rolling around in my head right now that I want to talk about, but I'm aiming to still keep this short as whatever part of my body that is malfunctioning is not very travel-friendly and is protesting what I did to it this weekend.  Oh yes, that's right.  Did I mention that I spent the past couple of days in my own personal Mecca, aka California?  Specifically KOREATOWN LA????  More on that in a sec.

First and foremost, today is June 4th in Korea and I wanted to take a moment and wish two special guys a very happy birthday.


Park Yoochun of JYJ

and

AJ (Jaeseop Kim) of UKISS.
AJ is one of my two UKiss biases.  I just think he is the beesknees.  And super, uber cute.



JYJ was going to be my theme of today even before I knew it was Micky's birthday.  How's that for timing?  Why was it going to be my theme of today?  A couple of reasons actually.  One, I was in KTown this weekend and while there I managed to snag some much sought-after JYJ socks and other paraphernalia.  Score!  I now can wear my boys on my feet and take them with me wherever I go.  They spent all day with me yesterday in the car on the way home.  We very much enjoyed our time together.  The other reason was that upon waking this morning, all of my online social media was seemingly flooded with JYJ.  Jaejoong tweets (did you see the two of him in bed?  I had a lovely fangirl moment when I realized that my pillows were the same color as his.  Not that I then fantasized that it was MY bed he was in or anything like that.  Sheesh guys, who do you think I am??), new-to-me videos that YouTube was recommending for me, JYJ LINE updates, and the like.  It was a JYJ invasion.  An invasion of awesome.  So I wanted to share of bit of it with you.  Then I found it was Yoochun's birthday and it just fit in perfectly.  Great timing.  It's kismet.  Beautiful, beautiful kismet.


But before I jump into the JYJ stuff, I'll start with AJ's birthday shout out.

Kim Jaeseop, aka AJ 
of UKISS and now sub-group uBEAT (along with my other UKISS bias Eli)
June 4th, 1991 (22)
Lead rapper, sub-vocalist
Blood type A (woohoo!)
Three things I personally like and admire about him:  he doesn't like doing aegyo, he plays the piano, he speaks English and sounds sooo adorable when he does <3

And now for Park Yoochun.

Park Yoochun, aka Micky, of JYJ
June 4th, 1986 (27)
Singer, rapper, composer, songwriter, model and actor
Three things I like/admire/find interesting about him are: he plays piano and guitar, he once lived in the US attending middle school and high school there until moving back to South Korea in order to pursue a career in music, he has a bracelet given to him by his younger brother that apparently he wears all the time (he'll tape it up out of the way if it doesn't match the concept of what he's wearing for work)


Happy birthday AJ and Yoochun!  We at The Crazy Ahjummas appreciate your talent and hard work and look forward to enjoying what comes next from both of you!


Now that we wished our two special guys a happy birthday, I will close out with a couple of videos that I had been planning on sharing.  These were new-to-me videos, cover songs done by JYJ and its members.  The first you may recognize as it is an English song.  Frankly, it was one I wasn't too excited to hear covered because I'm just not all that crazy about it in the first place, but I'm glad I watched because I now have found a brand new appreciation for it.  Turns out that watching my ultimate bias perform it was all that was missing from the equation ;)  The second is a song I didn't know before but enjoyed watching and listening to Jaejoong perform it.  His voice is just so amazing and powerful and I love it and him ever so much!  Let's jump start this new week and new month with a little JYJ fun, shall we???




May you enjoy the rest of your Monday and have a wonderful week!





P.S.  Here are the Jaejoong tweets I mentioned above in case you missed them...



P.P.S.  I didn't want to bog down this post with my personal travel stories and detract from the real focus of today.  I will go ahead and post a few pictures on my Shannen Dongsaeng FB page though for anyone interested in seeing a bit of what I did in KTown LA and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.