Sunday, March 30, 2014

Dongsaeng Pops In

Hi addicKts!  Long time no see!  I've missed you!  I don't really have a specific purpose for writing today, other than I wanted to check in and say hi.

I suppose, if we must, we could discuss the gorgeousness that is Choi Jin Hyuk.


But who would want to do that?  Or talk about how awesome Emergency Couple is???  I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you how much I am loving it.  Because I am.  Loving it.  And him.  And Chief Gook Cheon Soo (Lee Pil Mo).  And the rest of the cast.  I'll be honest, the first episode especially was very difficult for me to make it through.  Watching the two of them fall apart, even though we had just met this couple, was heartbreaking and tough.  Then it was a little boring.  Finally, however, it picked up and the fun truly began.  This one deserves an episode-by-episode break down, but sadly, I can't get into that kind of detail today.  Why do I love this drama?  The chemistry between our leads is sizzling.  Even with the awkward 2nd male lead.  His awkwardness is delightfully endearing and his emotions are still able to come shining through without problem.  My only complaint, outside of the obvious medical-related silliness that occasionally pops up now and again, is that I am all caught up on it and now have to wait on those last two episodes.  Grr.  Another long week awaits me.

What else is up in drama land?  For starters, way to much.  There are so many shows I want to watch right now and I just can't find the time to fit them all in.  Trying to then choose becomes like a Sophie's Choice kind of thing.  I've started several in hopes that some will stick.  Sly and Single Again is probably my #2 at the moment behind Emergency Couple.  It too is kind of hard to watch for me as we watch a relationship crumble before our eyes and there's nothing we can do to stop it.  What is up with all these divorce-related dramas?  Talk about depressing.  Maybe that's just me though.  Joo Sang Wook helps take some of the sting out of it.  I'm all about the pretty distractions to keep my focus off the sad stuff I don't like.

Toss into the mix some Prime Minister and I and even a little Bride of the Century (very little, like less than one episode so far), and hopefully something will grab me and I'll be a happy ahjumma with a delightful little pick on my screen.  Otherwise I'll just roam aimlessly through DramaFever and Viki, searching for my someone special. 


Okay, stepping away from the dramas for a second.  How awesome is KMuse?  How cool are all these posts?  It kind of makes me feel a bit shy coming back because I have not much more to add or say than what has already been said.  Love that though.  Love that our labor of love is in such capable hands, even while we are away.  Ooh!  That reminds me!  I have something exciting to tell you!  She may be upset with me for saying anything, but it's such a big deal that I can't help it.  Unnie, dear sweet, crazier than crazy busy Unnie, has finally, after something like 6 months, started back to watching dramas.  Whoa.  I don't know what's more surprising - the fact that she survived those 6 months drama-free or the fact that she's actually back and watching again?  She's finishing off Master's Sun (if she hasn't yet) and has also started Inspiring Generation with her Hyun-y, Kim Hyun Joong.  Hooray!  Welcome back to the cult club, Unnie!  You have been missed!  Can't wait to talk dramas with you once more!

Since I have no more pictures, I'm going to end this post here.  Sorry it wasn't anything exciting or newsworthy.  Sorry it wasn't cavity-inducing, eye-candy laden.  I just missed you all and wanted to let you know that I was still alive and what I was up to.  In the timeless words of Sir Arnold, "I'll be back".

And I promise to never quote Terminator or Ahnold again.


1 comment:

  1. I was so stoked when Unnie told me she started Inspiring Generation. The whole time I was watching it I kept thinking that she would like this scene or that scene. Mostly because KHJ is HOT, so so HOT, in every scene. Welcome back Unnie!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.