Friday, September 25, 2015

JTBC Drama "Awl" Releases Stills and 1st Teaser

I will be totally honest and reveal that I just started hearing about this drama tonight.  But it caught my eye in my twitter feed so I decided to share with everyone.  Because sharing is what we do so that we are not the only people scouring for new dramas at 1 a.m.  #KaddictProblems101

Synopsis (asianwiki)

Lee Soo-In has the kind of temperament where he has to do the right thing no matter what. After his discharge from the military, he has worked at a large retail market. One day, his boss orders him to fire temporary employees at the store. Lee Soo-In refuses to do so and decides to join the labor union. He and the temporary employees struggle against unfair dismissals.


Personally what grabbed my attention was the similar feel this drama had to "Misaeng".  Another show that I would have ignored if I was going just by a synopsis.  "Awl" is an adaption of the webtoon "Songgot” by Choi Gyu-Seok.  Which is actually based on a true story of a union sit-in that lasted for 510 days in 2002.   I personally would totally support a sit-in if I got to stare at Ji Hyun Woo for over a year.


Playing opposite our idealistic employee ( Ji Hyun Woo - Angry Mom) is veteran actor, Ahn Nae Sang (Hwajung), who will quietly help our hero navigate the politics of the Union.  Sure the subject sounds a little bland, but I usually end up enjoying most webtoon adaptions so I am going to give this show a go.  Of course that depends on whether it gets subbed somewhere. 


If any of the readers hear anything about subbing rights or whether this is a full drama or only a mini drama, please let this Ahjumma know in the comments.  For now, sit back and enjoy the intense 1st teaser.

TEASER

"Awl" will begin airing in October.

1 comment:

  1. The synopsis makes it sound a bit bland but I'm going to watch a few episodes anyway. Who doesn't want to see Ji Hyun Woo in action? The cast looks good and it could be like Misaeng and be fantastic. I've got my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.