Monday, March 25, 2013

On Line {Monday Morning Therapy with Dongsaeng}

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

She's back!

Well, not she, but me.  I'm back!

Hiya!  Miss me?  (If you're an oppa, I'd like to add on to that...miss me, miss me, now you gotta kiss me).

Sorry I've been so MIA lately.  Life can get so frustrating and butt-inski in a way that's totally not cool.  Not cool yo, just not cool.  Like that last sentence.  Not cool.

So, blahblahblah...I've been having lame-o health issues, yaddayaddayadda, I don't want to talk about it.  It doesn't matter.  I'm here now and so excited to be back with you all!  I've missed our little chats together something awful.  A big shout out though to my incredibly awesome Unnie for filling in and keeping things going while I was flaking out.  She pretty much rocks socks and the Casbah and everything, doesn't she?

Okay, so one other thing to mention before I can finally get in to what I came here to talk about.  You may or may not notice that this post is later than normal (hahahaha!  As if there's a "normal" and as if I ever make it in time for it, but let's just pretend here shall we for the sake of argument and what's coming next?).  Those of you stateside will understand the tale I am about to tell, but for those of our international persuasion (hi by the way!!!), I'll explain briefly.  You probably already know this since you're so internationally minded unlike so many of us ignorant-to-the-rest-of-the-world-outside-our-own-shores-cough-cough-Americanos, but here in the States we have this dumb thing called Daylight Savings Time where in the springtime everyone sets their clocks ahead one hour, only to turn them back again to where they're supposed to be in the fall.  It's stupid and dumb and antiquated and really should be done away with (sheesh, Dongsaeng, why don't you tell us how you really feel?), but whatever.  No one listens to me anyway.  Thankfully I live in one of the few intelligent places in the country that has already done this by not doing it.  Follow?  What this means though, for those in states that haven't quite caught on yet to the awesomeness that is living without Daylight Savings Time (sorry guys, I'm sure someday you'll get with the program too and I'm sure your state is so awesome in many, many other ways), this post may seem a lot later to you because you're all living in the artificial future while I'm living in the here and now.  It's still "early" morning here (if you call 9 am early morning, which I do since my kids just left for school and before then I'm a mom and not a blogger), and I'm actually on time, but it won't seem like it because by the time I get this posted and up, many of you will already be in the afternoon.  So, my point is, it's totally not my fault if this doesn't get to you before your Monday morning ends.  Blame your state and DST.  ;)  (Passing the buck - it's what I do best).

Today's post, other than the long-winded intro, will actually be short.  I'm sure we all have other things to be doing.  It is a Monday after all.  Obviously though we need a little pick-me-up to help get our week off to a running start. And hopefully that's what I'll have here for you today.  I'll at least try.

Want to know what made me smile first thing this morning?  I'll show you.


AWWW!!!  Junsu holding Jaejoongie's new puppy!!!  This was on my phone and was the first thing I saw this blurry-eyed a.m.  Well, after I saw something similar to this...

Obviously, it wasn't exactly that (I didn't take a screen shot of this morning's notifications) but it was similar. 

At the risk of sounding too much like a commercial (and for clarification, this is not a commercial because no one is paying me or otherwise incentivizing me in any way for promoting this, which is kind of a bummer, but I'm not that cool), I recently joined the LINE movement.  For those unfamiliar with it, it's an app for your phone or other device that lets you connect to friends and heartthrobs alike.  It's like stalking your fav celebs on Twitter, but kinda way cooler in my oh-so humble opinion.  Why?  Because you can get messages.  And vidoes.  And pictures.  And stickers.  And it feels more personalized even though you know technically somewhere deep-down inside your inner sanctum of denial that it's a message for the masses and not a private conversation.  I am "friends" with several official accounts, but lately the most active have been JYJ and GD.  They crack me up and keep me smiling.  Remember how cool it was when Seungri joined Twitter and tweeted like a maniac and it was the bestest thing on the planet before he went all silent and it got sad again over in Twitterland?  Yeah, that's kind of what LINE has been like so far - the happy Seungri mania, not the "Please come back! We missssss you Seungri!" sad face. 

For example, here's a little taste of what GD put out last night.


Nothing earth shattering, no, but funny and cute and helps you feel just that little bit closer and more connected across the miles, no?

The JYJ one from this morning had more pictures than just Junsu with recently-castrated puppy, Changseok.  I only captured a couple of them, but I'm sure the others will be floating around the interwebs soon enough if they aren't already (and who are we kidding?  they're totally already out there - I'm hours and hours late to the party - can't keep up with those "true" fans ya know).

This one cracked me up. 
(P.S.  The nosebleed guy sticker is one of my son's favorite and he uses it, repeatedly when sending messages to me)

Obviously I'm biased in my choices. There were some cute Yoochun pics as well, but I went with my Jae-baby.  Whatcha gon' do about it huh?

Anyway, it's a fun app that has been keeping me (and my kids) very much entertained.  If you want to see more, and you have an hour to kill, check this out.



In other news...didja know that my son has joined a Taekwondo dojang?  He's been doing karate/mixed martial arts class since kindergarten, and it was good in the beginning, but just not what we were looking for long term, so we quit this past semester.  All hope was temporarily lost for a substitute, until this new place opened up in town that is.  It's absolutely PERFECT and is EVERYTHING we wanted!  The master is Korean.  He's a 7th Dan black belt (I probably just screwed that up) which earns him the title of Grand Master.  I've only met him once, but The Husband has spoken with him on several occasions and they have bonded over my Korean obsession.  I love that it's so totally Korean.  They count in Korean, commands and responses are in Korean, and the master is strict and exacting, demanding respect and discipline, but also completely kind and patient.  Seriously, I don't know how our sleepy little desert hamlet got so lucky as to get something like this place in town, but we are loving every minute of it!  And the best part?  After dragging on and on in karate for 5 years with very slow advancement, LP2 is now in a 3-year black belt program.  In one week he's already vastly improved.  I'm excited to be in a serious, real program now.  And I had a moment the other day when he came home with patches that I need to attach to his dobok.
My son, wearing the emblems of the two countries of my heart.  Happy thing indeed!



Now, for a little more Monday Morning Prescription Therapy...

Have you seen yet Lee Hi's new MV teaser?  The full version will be released later this week, but today we get a first look at Rose.




Need more JYJ (and let's face it, can't we all always use a little more JYJ)?  Have you seen this?  Like that one?  Then why not take a peak at the first one too?


Okay.  That's all I have for now.  It's been an hour.  Most of you are probably eating lunch about now, except for my West Coasters and Hawaii friends.  Whatever day or time you find yourselves in, I wish you the very best.  May your Monday, at whatever stage it is in, be kind to you and begin for you a wonderful week filled with dramas and toe-tapping tunes.  And as always, thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.