Sunday, March 9, 2014

Top 5 Kdrama Countdown - March Week 1

It's the first week of March and the crazy, funny, and sexy is coming out strong as we countdown the best kdrama moments.  Check out all the scenes that you have missed, and rewatch those that you love in this weeks Top 5 Kdrama Countdown!

Song of The Week - 2ne1 Come Back Home
I chose this song for several reasons.  The first being that I know that my fellow Crazy Ahjumma Shannen is in love with it (which is actually the reason I even watched it in the first place).  And second, it really gets stuck in your head and refuses to leave, so maybe by passing it on to all of you I will be able to stop hearing the chorus every time I close my eyes.  With an amazing heavy slow beat, Come Back Home has some great vocals as well as rap sections.  Add to that a very flashy MV about the dangers of technology addiction and you have a great combo.  So check out 2ne1's video Come Back Home and tell me what you think in the comments.

#5 We are Finally Back to the Beginning.
It has only taken us 101 episodes to get back to the first scene of the drama.  The scene that personally sucked me in and made this a must watch show for me.  I love how when I originally watched this in episode 1 I just saw the power hungry sister that was greedy for the throne (and don't get me wrong, she is a totally greedy ruthless female).  But a hundred episodes later we see the same scene and realize that she is not heartless per say as just plain crackers crazy.  The girls mind has broken and there is no fixing it.  In her insanity she stabs the only person who loves her and is forcing her sister to kill her to keep her from hurting the country.  A powerful beginning and an even more powerful ending to one amazing story arc.   I am already dreading the ending of this show and it is one of the few kdramas I wish could just go on and on.

She's A Little Bit Crazy Clip


#4 Bathroom Hijinks 
OK I'll admit it, Bride of the Century is my new crack drama.  I don't know how it does it but it took every cliche out of the kdrama book, smashed them together, and hooked me in.  I love the cheesy OTP (One True Pairing) hijinks, I love the slightly weird B Lead romance with the brother and his sisters look a like, I really really really love the random fate (more like a ghost forcing fate) situations that our couple get into.  And my favorite fated scene (so far) happens in episode four and it has won a slot as #4 on my top list. 
Na Doo-Rim & Choi Kang-Joo enjoy (although neither would admit it) a dinner together after which Doo Rim tells Kang Joo to do the dishes.  This of course has him snarling and spitting that he is not a person who does dishes.  She pretty much tells him to suck it up and thrusts all the dirty pots into his hands.  He retaliates by letting some of the sauce dribble onto her cream colored dress.  To save the dress she goes into the bathroom, takes it off and is scrubbing it clean only to slip, crack her head on the tub, and end up unable to move, lying only in a towel on the floor.  Of course our main guy comes crashing into her rescue only to be distracted by her lack of clothing.  He calls 911 and brings some clothes for her to wear, and since she can't move his help is needed to get clothed.  Doo Rim makes him turn off the light first and then the two awkwardly attempt to get clothes on her.  I love that she is constantly yelling at him to not touch there.  HEHEHE  This drama has the best unsubtle skinship and every time something like this happens I just have a huge smile on my face.

Naked in A Bathroom Clip

#3 Mo Il Hwa is Back! 
SQUEEEEEEEEEE  that is me totally going into fangirl mode when the character Mo Il Hwa (Song Jae Rim- 2 Weeks, Moon That Embraces The Sun) came back on episode 16 of Inspiring Generation.  I have been a fan of Song Jae Rim since back when he was the stoic bodyguard in The Moon That Embraces the Sun, but my love of him has grown to the point that I officially put him on my bias list after this drama.  His psychotic smiles and gentleman thug character have won my heart and when he was not in several episodes I have to admit that I was despondent.  But never fear since he is not only back, but back in a big way.  In episode 16 we see our Hero Shin Jung Tae  & his boss, Jung Jae Hwa (Kim Sung Oh- When a Man Loves), take on a large amount of ruffians wanting to take over their club.  The two fight the mob but slowly start to lose ground just when Mo Il Hwa shows up, saving the girls, kicking a significant amount of thug bootie, and flashing his creepy smile.  Sigh... I am seriously in love and can't wait til next week when he and Shin Jung Tae are forced to go head to head.

Mo Il Hwa is Back Clip

#2 Kidnapped
Wow! God's Gift-14 Days shot out of the gate and smacked us over the head with a huge rock of intensity.   Even now my heart races at the thought of all the suspense packed into a single episode.  I am very excited to see where this drama takes us and am amazed at Lee Bo Young's acting.  I really enjoyed her in My Daughter Seo Young and I Can Hear Your Voice, but this time she puts both of those characters to shame.  My #2 moment comes at the end of episode 1 where Kim Soo-Hyun (Lee Bo Young) is working at her true crime TV show.  They are doing a live broadcast about a serial killer who had recently gone on a killing spree.  I guess so said serial killer took this broadcast personally since he calls in the tip line and on air tells everyone (in the creepiest mechanical voice ever) that he is bored so he is going to change the game.  We then hear a little girls voice say mommy over the phone just as Kim Soo Hyun is told that her daughter is missing by her nanny.  The scene gave me chills.  Truly terrifying and the start to a very intense and interesting drama.
Serial Killer Broadcast Clip

#1 An Ice Cream Kiss
We have a first for my kdrama countdown.  For the first time it has nothing to do with a kdrama but actually a drama from Thailand..... that is a remake of a kdrama.  OK, so it is kdrama related in a roundabout way, but still!  I just have to tell you how extremely happy I am that I gave the Thailand's remake of Full House a try.  It is absolutely the best!  It fixes all of the things that I disliked about the original Kversion.  For example I felt that the main characters in the kversion did not have the best chemistry (sorry Rain fans).  Their hateful fighting and harsh words took a lot away from the romance.  Not to mention it suffered from bad pacing, and the last third of the drama dragged on forever.  Luckily for us the Thai's were able to fix these problems and produce a version with absolutely adorable leads with oodles of chemistry and a script that has perfect pacing.   I was enjoying it so much that I quickly dramathoned all 16 episodes last week and was able to get caught up to the currently airing episodes.  So in celebration I am giving Full House and its super steamy Ice Cream Kiss the #1 spot on my countdown.
To set the scene for those of you who don't know the story.  Mike D.Angelo (an idol) and Aom-am (a writer) are in a contract marriage.  His PR people decide that they are going to film a reality documentary about their epic love and requested that the couple do an ice cream kiss for the camera.  An ice cream kiss is where both people share an ice cream cone together until they eventually are kissing.  This is slightly awkward since they have never kissed but no worries, their chemistry explodes and one cold sticky steamy kiss is the result.
Ice Cream Kiss Clip (I could not find a clip of just the kiss but it is the first scene following the opening recap)

Thanks for joining me for my weekly countdown!  I really enjoy writing this blog post each week and look forward to any comments you might have.  Am I really getting the best scenes of the week?  Am I missing any dramas that you think are "must watch" dramas?  Also if you are having any problems finding subs or links to any dramas I would be happy to help you out.  I am very excited for the next several weeks since, in case you did not know, we are having a huge turnover with a lot of new dramas joining our list!!!!!!!!  YAY, I love this time when all the planets align and I suddenly have 10 new dramas to watch all at once.  I will be giving each drama a more detailed description and first observations recap later this week so be sure to check back if you are looking for something new to watch.  Because there is nothing better then starting a new kdrama.  Till next time.

Sincerely,
Kmuse

P.S.  Be sure to follow us on Facebook for info on all our newest recaps and posts.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-crazy-ahjummas/336988683021748?fref=ts




Dramas that I am currently watching:
Potato Star 2013QR23
A Well Raised Daughter (subs are behind in relation to the filming schedule)
Bride of the Century
Sly and Cunning Lady
Can We Love
King's Daughter Soo Baek Hyang
Empress Ki
Full House (Thailand version)- can find subs on Viki and Youtube.
Lets Eat
Golden Rainbow
Inspiring Generation
I Need Romance 3 - Be sure to check out my recaps!
Emergency Couple 
Angel's Revenge (seconds away from dropping this one)
Beyond the Clouds/Full Sun
Ghost Seeing Detective CheoYong
Wonderful Days 
Three Days
God's Gift: 14 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.