Friday, December 26, 2014

Kmuse's Downfall - DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON

Technology is usually pretty amazing.  So much info at the click of a keyboard.  But occasionally it can backfire on you and one is left devastated and photoless.   Yes that is right, due to a deleted post (thought I was just deleting the post, not ever single photo that they had stored) I have lost a years worth of photos connected to my blog posts.  There is no recovery options that I have been able to find so they are all gone permanently.  Gone, deleted, lost, never to be seen again.  Excuse me while I go sob in a corner for a few moments.
I have worked all morning on reconstructing some of my most recent posts by redoing the photos.  However, that is just not going to happen for a couple of hundred past posts so we are going to just have to cut our losses and go forward.  And from now on do not delete ANYTHING.  Avoid the big buttons that seem so easy to push.  I hope that you will continue to read our posts and if you checkout our backlog, you will still enjoy the written part of the blog.  Thanks for all the support from friends and followers during this trying time.  I promise there will be great photos in the future so be sure to check back.

UPDATE:
I have found that all the photos are in the trash of my google + account!  YAY!  It will take some time to add them all back to the correct blog posts but I should be able to do it.  Just don't read all my backlog and expect photos for a little while since it will be a month long project.  I will leave this post up for others, just as a warning that you need to know what you are deleting before pushing that button.

2 comments:

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.