Monday, August 20, 2012

{Monday Morning Therapy with Dongsaeng} Love that New Drama Smell

This is a wonderful time to be an addicKt.  Old dramas are finishing up and new ones are beginning.  While I love and miss the old, I eagerly await the new.  It's like opening a present.  You still love your old stuff, but it's always nice to get something new as well.  And the greatest thing about dramas is that the old ones are still there - they don't just disappear.  You can revisit them anytime you want.  You just get to add new ones in to the rotation as well.

So, what is everybody watching?  What new dramas have you all excited?  I, for some crazy reason, have decided to stick with 5 currently airing dramas.  Why oh why do I do this to myself?  Obviously I have Faith going.  So far so good on that one.  I have also started To the Beautiful You.  Again, not bad.  I haven't seen any of the older versions of Hana Kimi so I can't compare the new to the original(s), but I like Minho.  I don't think the girl looks like a boy, but I didn't think that about Coffee Prince or You're Beautiful either.  The first episode had me cracking up in parts.  Sure they were exceptionally silly and goofy, but cute and funny.  I still have Bridal Mask going and am almost caught up.  I haven't watched last week's episodes yet.  Soon, very soon.  I can't stay away from my Gaksitaaalll for very long.  I'm going to start Arang and the Magistrate since that's what Unnie is reviewing and I have to be able to read her posts and don't want to spoil the show for myself.  Another sageuk.  Can I do it?  I don't have much choice, so I hope so.  For my 5th show, I'm still undecided.  I'm toying with the idea of watching Answer Me 1997.  Or Haeundae Lovers, though I've heard there's some adultery in that and having a friend dealing with that in real life right now I don't know if I can handle it.  I'm in no mood to cheer on a man that is married falling in love with another woman.  But maybe I heard wrong.  Anyone have light to shed on that?  Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions for my 5th show, I'm all ears.  Oh, and I'm almost finished with Queen In Hyun's Man (not currently airing - have to have one of those to fill in the gaps spent waiting for current shows).  I'd love to catch an older show that I've missed, but they keep coming out with new ones that interest me too much.  What's an addicKt to do?  I can't spend every waking minute watching dramas.  Every other maybe, but not every one ;)

{Legal Disclaimer: The Crazy Ahjummas do not support irresponsible and excessive drama watching to the extent of but not limited to skipped meals, lost sleep, job loss, crossed eyes, power outages, bed sores, blood clots, hunched backs, complete utter breaks from reality, relationship problems, "can't get a man-itis", divorce, agoraphobia, heart palpitations, squish face kiss fish eyes, sweaty palms, incontinence, bladder infections, dehydration, puffy eyes, condemned property, exploded ovaries, carpal tunnel, ab envy, kinked necks, numbness, blindness, teeth grinding, chopstick spliners, chapped lips, uncontrollable drooling, excessive sweating, constipation, the gout, or bad grades.
Please view responsibly.}


More Psy news, just because this is really cool and noteworthy...have you seen that "Gangnam Style" has surpassed 40 million views on YouTube?!?!  40 MILLION!!!  For a KPop MV.  That's pretty darn epic.  Did you see Seungri of Big Bang's Gangname Style dance he posted on his Me2Day profile?  I'm hoping that this is just the first of many to come of other KPop stars getting in on the horsey dance action. 

Now for some JYJ news.  It just came to my attention last night (since before then I was off in the woods communing with nature -- stinkin' nature and your lack of WiFi and decent cell service) that JYJ is in Los Angeles right now for some meetings and a little JYJ vacay.  Holy moly - you're telling me that JaeJoong and Junsu are only 5 hours by car, 1 hour by plane away from me right now?!?!  Fangirl SQUEEEEEE!!!!  When a breeze blows in from the west, I will imagine that it contains particles of exhalation from my JYJ.  Ahhh!  Breathe in the JYJ exhalation particles.  This of course leads me into today's MMT prescription for the day...you had to have known this was coming....  Junsu's first English solo track was released late last week.  What else do I have to say.  It's Junsu, singing in English, and looking ever so shmexy.  I don't care what language the man sings in - it's going to be pure gold no matter what.  Mmm, Junsu.  Xia done got my heart.  So, enjoy a little Junsu as needed and have a wonderful Monday everyone!


mmmm....junsu.....

2 comments:

  1. Its almost noon here in Wisconsin, already got my grocery shopping done, the pantry cleaned out & organized, about to pick up mini monstrosities from school. What an awesome way to get my energy going for my afternoon responsibilities. Excellent Therapy session Dongsaeng. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Bridal Mask. There was a great cliff hanger in 22.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.