Monday, January 28, 2013

More Baby Love {Monday Morning Therapy with Dongsaeng}

Good Monday morning.  It is indeed a fabulous Monday.  I have a monster headache that kept me up a lot of the night and a Little Popper home for day 2 of a stomach bug.  But, I will not let that get me down or sway me from coming here and sharing some love with you all to help you through your Monday as well.  No siree!  You're going to have to do better than that Monday!  (*Please note:  Just so we're clear, Monday, this is not me issuing you a challenge.  I know the force of destruction you are capable of.  I would never be so foolish as to tell you to "come at me bro".  I am merely trying to portray a stiff upper lip for my dear readers.  Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, please go easy on me.  Just let me maintain some of my dignity and street cred, even as I cry "uncle" in your wake).

Okay, so let me just get the obvious out of the way first for today and give you proper warning.  It's going to be yet another Jaejoong related post.  You're either cool with that and cheering or groaning in despair and clicking the little x to shut me up.  Hey, what can I say?  It's just been a Jae kind of month.  First with the single track pre-release of "One Kiss", followed by the release of his first solo album "I" and MV, "Mine".  After that it was his birthday and then his fan meet/mini concert.  Toss in the fact that he's the world's most gorgeous creature and you can see why he's come up a lot lately here.

Forgive me for a moment while I just have a mini rant.  Mini.  Not big.  I have to get this off my chest though because it has really been bothering me.  I just want to know why, when he has topped the charts for 2 weeks now, why he has not been able to appear on television music shows like Music Core or Inkigayo?  Okay, that's a rhetorical question there.  I know why.  And it really infuriates me.  It's so not fair.  I know that no one that can do anything to change it will ever read this, but if they did, I would want to let them know that it sure isn't painting them in a very good light in the world view.  Guess what Shady Dealer Dudes and Dudettes in The Industry?  Like it or not, Korea and KPop are appearing on the world stage.  More eyes than ever are turned in your direction.  You think that things like this won't go unnoticed or ignored?  We see what's happening.  We don't like it.  We can't do much about it, but for being so image conscious when it comes to public appeal, you're screwing up here.  It's wrong and petty and needs to just end.  Now.  No, not now.  Yesterday.  No, not yesterday either.  4 years ago.  LET IT GO!  Move on.  Let these young men continue unhindered in their careers.  As their popularity increases, it just makes you look worse.  They've paid the price for their audacity to stand up for themselves.  No, you know what?  For the sake of argument, let's say they were 100% completely in the wrong (they're not, but let's just say that).  Even if they were 100% in the wrong 4 years ago for breaking away, ...seriously?  4 years later we still have to be playing these childish games?  Guess what?  These 3 guys aren't going away.  They are not fading into obscurity as you hoped.  They're here, they're loved by many, and they're going to keep finding success despite your petty attempts to stop them.  Let. It. Go.  Chill.  Move on.  Enough is enough. Rant done.

Ahem...sorry, where was I?

Ah yes, the marvelously talented, impeccably beautiful, Perfect Personified, Kim Jae Joong.



As I mentioned, he held a two day fan meet and mini concert in celebration of his first solo project as well as his 27th birthday over the weekend.  Now, I'm a stay-at-home-mom.  I didn't have the luxury of attending it myself obviously (trust me, you would have known if I had been there as I would have never shut up about it...ever), but others did and they scored some fancam moments.  A quick little search of our addicKtion lifeline/dealer, aka YouTube, nets some lovely gems.  Today's prescription will be some doses of clips from this event.  Take as needed and repeat as many times as you want in a 24 hour (or longer) period.




This is a cute little clip where Jae calls Junsu while on stage. Cute! My understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong here, is that this is from the first night and on the second night he called Yoochun. These three...seriously so adorable! I just love them all.

P.S.  Yes, there are plenty of other videos available out there of other songs from the album.  But since I love him so much and want to support him in whatever tiny ways I can, I'm only going to include the two songs that are already publicly available.  Hate me all you want, but there it is.  Which reminds me...I'm hoping for a very special package to arrive anytime now!  My album and JJ poster is on its way.  My fellow Jae-obsessed friend already had hers delivered on Friday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is going to be in my little hands and ringing in my lucky little ears very, very soon.  Today would be great.  Would really help perk up this Monday, don't you think?

And that's it for me today.  The headache is demanding no more screen time from me at the moment.  I hope that you all have an absolutely wonderful Monday and week.  May your day and week be filled with great dramas and toe-tapping music.  May a smile spread wide on your face at at least one point in your day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.