Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Thai Lakorn "Kiss Me" Thrills us With Almost Kisses in Official Trailer

SQUEEEE!  It is only a few weeks away til "Kiss Me", the Thai remake of drama "Itazura Na Kiss", hits the airwaves.  Which means it is time for an official trailer.  Which just happens to be AWESOME!

My all time favorite Lakorn couple, Mike D'Angelo and Manaying Sucharat (Aom), are back in yet another remake (previously the OTP for "Full House" ---if you have not watched it, check it out ASAP).  This time they will be remaking the well known "Itazura Na Kiss".

 Synopsis MDL - Taliw a cute, lively but clumsy girl has had a crush on a popular and genius, Tenten, a new student who has 200 IQ. Tenten just returned from Japan with his family. How Taliw will deal with her feelings towards Tenten? Sometimes, he treats her kindly and cares about her. But sometimes he teases and made her embarrass in front of all students in their school.


KMUSE- Aom is just so likable.  She has that perfect combo of bubbly, without it shifting into the annoying.  And since Lakorns tend to have a simpler female character style anyway, the "dumb" student aspect will probably be less grating than in some of the other versions.

DONGSAENG: Let's hope so. I've endured enough grating female characters in other versions of this story to last a lifetime. I swore I'd never watch another. Cute/dumb is good, vapid/loud is not. I have not seen her before (never watched a Thai Lakorn actually), but I like her in this trailer. Definitely looks promising.


KMUSE - Even with that shocking blond hair, Mike D'Angelo is still handsome.  And sure, there is obviously some leeway with how stiff the leading man is, but who hasn't wanted that character to occasionally crack a smile and be more human?

DONGSAENG: I would LOVE a likable and more human version of this character! The one version I saw that had a decently likable male lead with some realness and humanity in him was my favorite version (the Taiwanese It Started with a Kiss) so far. It's possible for these guys to be aloof and distant but still human, though you wouldn't always know that by some versions out there. I am counting on Mike to be the one to perfect this character and be the gold standard for all others to look towards. Come on Mike! You can do it!

KMUSE- And most importantly, the couple has chemistry to spare.  I say bring on the almost kisses and make my heart flutter.  I am 100% on board with this Lakorn.

DONGSAENG: I'll be honest, I have never liked this story. Sure, I've seen pretty much every version of it for reasons I still don't understand since when it boils down to it, I just don't like this story. With that being said though, this one looks like it could finally be the version that wins me over to the Itazura Na Kiss story line. These two do have great chemistry and, so long as he's not completely cold and mean to her, I could be convinced that this whole thing works. That's been my problem in the past - I have just never felt like the male lead was all that sincere in his affections, more like she just wore him down and he eventually gives in. Real great way to start a relationship by the way. Pester him until he caves. Yeah, sure - there's deeper meaning and stuff going on, blah blah blah - I've just never been a big fan. But...warm him up, chill her out and heat the two of them to a rolling boil and we could just have ourselves a real winner on our hands. And a new convert to the elusive Itazura Na Kiss story line fan club.

"Kiss Me" will be airing early October and there is a good chance I will be mentioning it now and then on our blog.  I am all ready to be twitterpated with this Lakorn and will for sure be gushing.

TRAILER -

Check out our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter (@Thecrazyahjummas or @amberkmuse) for info on all our newest recaps, posts, and to join in our kdrama discussions. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-crazy-ahjummas/336988683021748?fref=ts     

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite plots, although I have no idea why - it was an early early KDrama for me, probably right after BoF - and I LOVE Mike and Aom together. Full House Thai is technically much better than the original Full House (I'm sorry My Beloved!) and they were fantastic together in it. Remember that ice cream kiss? *melts*

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.