Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Crazy Ahjumma's Kdrama Gossip

Hey all, just taking a quick moment to jot down all the latest casting rumors and confirmations that have happened in the last several days.  Added in with a little of this and a little of that news from the Kentertainment industry

First let's take a quick look at the photos of two drama script readings.  Yes I know that these type of photos are not exactly exciting, but this ahjumma is looking forward to both dramas, so please suffer through my squealing. 

First up is the cast of Answer Me 1988, the third installment of the well loved Answer Me series.  Sure these dramas often have me screaming at my screen with their "who is she going to marry" shenanigans, but I do love me some nostalgic humor.  Hopefully this time the guy I ship will actually win the girl (#StillBitter #ChilBong4Ever ). ((DONGSAENG: Oh, my Chilbongie~! TT_TT))

"She Was Pretty" also had its first script reading and I personally think the cast looks amazing all together.  I am really getting excited for this kdrama reunion. ((DONGSAENG: If this cast is anywhere near as awesome together as the cast in King of Dramas was, then I may have to call this pretty one Queen of Dramas. *groan* Bad jokes aside, I have to echo Kmuse's sentiments here and say YAY!!!!))
"Cheese in the Trap" attempts to woo Seo Kang Joon for the 2nd lead character.  I would whole heartedly support this since Kang Joon has not played a character that I have disliked since he started acting.  I still have not been able to make it very far into the webtoon, but I can see how it might translate well into a drama so we will have to see.  At least the cast is all people I would watch a drama for.  ((DONGSAENG: Glad I'm not the only one that can't make it through this webtoon, but I look forward to seeing it in drama form and hoping they'll help me make sense of the story)).
This next bit of news is mostly for those Song Seung Heon fans out there.  I hate to admit that neither Dongsaeng or I are members of that group.   Sorry people, Dr Jin is still to fresh in our minds, but for those of you excited to see him in a new drama, your wait is over.  He has accepted the role in upcoming Sageuk "Saimdang, The Herstory"  This drama will look into the life of Shin Saimdang a famous artist in Korean history.  ((DONGSAENG: Dr Jin!! The blood, guts, mass diarrhea, and bad acting have left me scarred for life. For life. Sadly, SSH is a big part of that. If I had ever liked him in anything else, then I could have forgiven him for Jin, but no. Pretty to look at, painful to watch. My sincerest apologies for my opinion expressed to the SSH fans out there. He's lovely, I'm sure, just not my cup of tea)).


The last news makes me both happy and sad.  On the happy side, one of my favorite 2nd lead actors, Yoon Hyun Min, finally has a leading role in upcoming drama "My Daughter Geum Sa-weol".  What makes me sad is that it is a weekend family drama opposite Baek Jin Hee, who is an actress I want to like, but then always end up disappointed with her characters.  For Hyun Min I will give the drama a chance, but my feelings of misgiving make it very likely that I will bail at the first hint of Baek Jin Hee or a bad plot annoying me.

2 comments:

  1. Weirdest thing. I re-watched '94 this summer and switched. The first time i saw it, I was rooting for Oppa, but Chilbongie won me over this time. Even though I already know the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about 55 chapters of Cheese in the Trap and I still have no idea what's going on with the male lead. Can't figure out if he's just weird or twisted. Put it aside for awhile but I plan to continue some time.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Just please remember to keep it clean and keep it nice or you won't survive the moderation round.